Pressure washer is very useful to help you clean various surfaces around the house with less effort and time. Rather than renting that may cost quite much after some time, it is better to spend on reliable models like Sun Joe SPX3000 Vs 3001. These washers are easy to use but also effective and still affordable. If you are also interested to buy one of these washers, go check below to see what they can offer and which can offer the best experience.
In this article, we are going to give you information about:
- What to Look for in a Pressure Washer
- What are Sun Joe SPX3000 and 3001
- What Sun Joe SPX3000 and 3001 Look Like
- How are the Motor & Power of Sun Joe SPX3000 and 3001
- How are the Performance of Sun Joe SPX3000 and 3001
- What else Sun Joe SPX3000 and 3001 can offer
- Sun Joe SPX3000 Vs 3001
Of course most of us are more comfortable living in a clean place hence we often have to clean various places in our living space whether it is indoors or outdoors. We can use water hose, scrubber, soap or other cleaning tools like pressure washers. This tool is very useful to help you finish the job faster such as when washing the car, boats, porch, driveway, and other wide surfaces we have. Pressure washers may look intimidating at first but they are actually very easy to use.
If this is your first washer or first time taking an interest in the useful tool, there are some factors that you may want to pay attention to so then we can get the best option for the budget we have.
- The first factor you may want to consider is the type itself because we have an electric washer and gas washer. Electric washers are the most popular being used for consumer level products and usually cost less as well as produce quieter noise. The drawback is since it uses electricity, they are less portable and less powerful. Gas washers on the other hand meant for larger applications and more intended for heavy duty use but the cost can be far more expensive than electric type.
- Just like everything else, there are various factors or specifications in the machine that we can base our shopping on. For pressure washer there is pressure output often mentioned in pounds per square inch or PSI and gallons per minute tor GPM to mention how much water it dispenses per minute. Both of them are playing a role in affecting the cleaning ability but the pressure plays a higher role in this side as the higher the GPM means the more water we use as well.
- For light jobs around the house, the perfect washer is usually around 1300 and 1900 PSI or at 2 GPM and with these you can wash patio furniture, decks, or grills and cars.
- If you will wash a wider area, a medium power at 2000 to 2800 PSI or 2 to 3 PSI should be enough but be prepared to spend more. This level of machine can be used at home or shop since they are sturdier and powerful.
- In a pressure washer, you will also find a nozzle which can be adjusted to meet the type of application you intend to do. Sometimes they are all-in-one variable spray wands or a set of interchangeable nozzles depending on the brand and model.
|Sun Joe SPX3000||Sun Joe SPX3001|
|Product Dimensions||15.6 x 13.5 x 33.9 inches||14.4 x 16.5 x 33.5 inches
|Shipping Weight||31 pounds||32 pounds
|Best offer||Check price||Check price|
About Sun Joe SPX3000 and 3001
Now when you already have an image on what type the washer you need or how the washer needs to be, it is the time to see what the market has to offer because you will find lots of them out there. To ease the shopping process, we can decide to go with a certain budget first or if you already have a preferred brand, we can stick to their collection so we don’t have to check all the available options.
When talking about consumer level pressure washers, one of the most popular brands to rely on is Sun Joe. We are sure if you go ask people about what brands to go for when looking for a pressure washer, this one will often be mentioned along with other top names but personally, we like them due to the reliability. They carry lots of consumer level products to offer and many of them are working amazing as well as versatile enough for various different jobs around the house.
If you want to keep the budget below $200, two amazing options available are Sun Joe SPX3000 and 3001 which as the name suggests, very much similar to each other. We also like both of them for most light jobs such as cleaning the porch or concrete and walls that are dirtied from dust and debris that got stuck together over time. They are very easy to use and even women can carry then use it with no fuss as the units are quite lightweight.
Due to the huge similarities, it is not surprising to see many buyers are confused whether to choose the cheaper or more expensive models. However, in our opinion they are going to deliver the same results and not very far apart from each other. Sun Joe SPX3000 and 3001 are most likely to use the same motor or pump as well as delivering the same amount of power. What set them apart are probably some additional features or side accessories in which you may prefer one better over the other.
Sun Joe SPX3000 and 3001 Design
While they are clearly close siblings, these two are looking nothing alike and as you can see, they do carry different designs for the whole washer. Instead of putting the hose roll on the side of the machine the SPX 3001 has a dedicated hand rolled hose at the top of the unit which can store longer hose and is more convenient as it keeps everything in place. The face plate of these machines are also different with the latter around 3-inch smaller, making it more compact.
The SPX 3000 is also slightly taller in comparison but they still have the same top handle which makes it easy to carry and transfer the unit anytime. We actually like how they are maneuvered while being transported because of the large wheel at the back that makes them feel lighter. Overall built quality of these washers are great, they feel sturdy and many people have been using them for years so we are sure they can last for quite a long time. Read also: Sun Joe SPX 3000 Vs SPX 3500.
Sun Joe SPX3000 and 3001 Motor
As it has been mentioned above, the first thing you may want to pay attention to when looking for a pressure washer is the power itself and in this part both Sun Joe SPX3000 and 3001 are coming with the same motor as well as pump which is 18 watt or 14.5-amp motor. This motor is able to produce electric pressure up to 2030 PSI at initial discharge per CSA internal pressure testing. For the water amount, these washers will displease 1.76 gallons per minute with nozzles open at minimum pressure.
Sun Joe SPX3000 and 3001 Performance
Performance wise, these machines are identical to each other and in our opinion, they can work very well for common house applications. You can clean dirt and dust that gets stuck on your porch easily and quickly with these washers or even dealing with some grime and caked mud. Personally we like washing cars with them as it cuts so much time scrubbing especially when you have been spending some time off-road. If your house often has BBQ parties, we can use them to wash the grill as well.
Their 35 feet power cord length may not be very long but they are enough to reach most power outlets inside the house while we use it outdoors. What they are not very effective is if you will be cleaning a wide surface or concrete which are cleaned very rarely and have a deep mud covering them or a surface which is covered by mildew that has been there for quite some time as you will need a more powerful washer for this type of job.
Sun Joe SPX3000 and 3001 Features
The last part we want to talk about is their features since this is what set them apart from each other. The most prominent difference is the absence of hose reel that you can find on SPX 3001 located below the handlebar. This hose reel may not affect the power of the washer but does increase the convenience as you can just rotate the handle and the hose will be rolled neatly with less effort. It also has a nozzle rack nearby for a quick change on the go.
Another difference is on their soap or detergent tank because as you can see, the SPX 3000 has two bottles located below the handlebar with dial in the middle. In SPX 3001, this soap bottle is bigger but there is only one of it and the dial is still present to adjust the amount of soap used.
Sun Joe SPX3000 vs 3001
These pressure washers are very much similar to each other and since they have the same motor and pressure power, you will have the same cleaning efficacy as well. The difference is only on their design which allows SPX 3001 to have an overall slimmer built and carry hose reel for convenient hose storing as well as only one soap tank with bigger capacity.
You can pick any of them but the take out is on hose reel here since it can add quite the convenience but, if you are not willing to spend more, Sun Joe SPX 3000 is a more affordable and still a very reliable washer to get.